The Overbrook Public Library has two rooms that may be rented out.
Room A is a medium size room that can accommodate 100 people. It is east side of the community center. It has access to the kitchen area but will have to use the hallway to access it.
Room B is a medium size room that can accommodate 150 people. It is the west side of the community center and has easy access to the kitchen area.
Room A and B together is a large room that can accommodate 250 people seated auditorium style or 128 people seated at round tables. It is located to the right of the front door and can be accessed from the East and West side community room doors.
C. Is a small conference meeting room that can accommodate 10 people. It is located just inside the front door. The Conference Room can only be scheduled for non-city business during established library hours.
Overbrook Library Community Center Policies
The following are the regulations for rental of the community room(s) as determined by the Overbrook Library Trustees.
1. Only persons age 21 and older may reserve the community room(s). An adult must be with children and youth at all times.
2. No smoking is permitted in the library or the community room.
3. At this time, no alcohol is permitted in the library or community room. This may become an option at a later date.
4. No animals are allowed in the the Community center (with exception of service dogs for the blind, etc. or library activities such as zoo programs, etc.)
5. Library events and usage of rooms take precedence over other events. City government events are next in consideration.
6. Reservations and a deposit will be taken at the library during regular business hours. Reservations are not considered final until rental fees have been paid. The deposit will be held until an inspection after use is conducted. The fee must be paid when the key is picked up. If notification of cancellation is before the event, then the deposit and fee will be refunded. Deposits will be returned based on compliance with clean-up guidelines. If damages are found, the deposit shall be forfeited along with damage charges. (Facility Charges are listed at the end of this page.)
7. Lessees agree to release Overbrook Public Library from all liability due to loss, theft, personal injury or property damages that may occur to any person or property thereon during the period of occupancy.
8. Local civic organizations that meet on a regular scheduled basis are permitted to use the meeting rooms, not to exceed 3 hours of use per meeting at no cost to the organization. An approved list of organizations will be on file with the librarian. The organization must have an officer on file for contact information. A $50 refundable security deposit is required for each year. The check for the deposit will only be cashed if the building is not left clean and all rules followed. All dates must be reserved prior to use. Donations to cover the cost of utilities would be appreciated.
9. Special events held that benefit the community may be able to receive a reduced rental fee. These will be decided on a case-by-case basis by the librarian/trustees and must be requested for review prior to the reservation.
10. Decorations shall be free standing. No taping, nailing, stapling or tacking of decor to wall, ceilings or fixtures. If decor is taped to windows, windows must be free of all tape marks and cleaned at the end of rental. NO glitter, rice, bird seed, party shapes or bubbles allowed inside or outside the building.
11. All trash will be bagged and placed in containers in the alley on the west side of the library.
12. Driveways will not be blocked. Parking will be in marked parking areas around the library and on the street. All marked exits and front entrance doors will be kept clear at all times.
13. If you are using one of the smaller rooms the same time another group is in the other room, please be mindful of the noise level.
Large Community Room -A (east) & B (west) – $50 plus $50 deposit (this includes use of the kitchen). 3-4 hour rental
Small community room (A or B) – $25 plus $25 deposit. 3-4 hours rental
Conference Center in Library (C) $20 deposit
Receptions – Weddings, anniversaries, family reunions, etc. Large Community Room $75 plus $50 deposit. All day rental.
Funeral Dinners – no charge
Fund raisers – $50 all day or 10% of the profits (whichever is lower). +$50 deposit.
Home schoolers using A, B, or C for classes with a teacher who is receiving a fee – $5 per student per session.
Non-profit groups such as Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, 4H Clubs, etc. – no charge*
Local civic organizations, city meetings, library organizations – no charge*
All other activities – Fees to be determined by the librarian/trustees at time of the request.
Janitorial Fee – $20/hr. will be taken from the deposit if building/room is not adequately cleaned by the user.
*Donations for utilities and supplies gladly accepted from non-profit and civic groups.